Friday - My dad, his wife and her daughter arrived in town Friday evening. They visited for a while, then headed off to their hotel. I spent some time decorating birthday cakes for the boys and hit the sack late.
Saturday - I had a mononumeric birthday, my 33rd, which my sister acknowledged with a cute photo of the two of us. Devon and Tim headed out for the traditional "doughnut date with Daddy" for Devon's birthday. People came over mid-morning for the Silas and Devon's joint birthday party. It was a lot of fun! We played chicken (tied balloons to the boys' ankles and they had to protect their own while popping others'), had a spitting contest (ended up using popcorn kernels because watermelons with seeds have pretty much ceased to exist), hit a pinata, played tetherball and a tossing game, ate a bunch of sugar and opened presents. Good times. We even had a special appearance from Becky, who broke her bedrest rules to recline in our backyard instead of on her couch. My dad took a gazillion pics of the party that are different from the ones we got, so go check them out!!
Two of our kids napped after the party and the rest of us just relaxed for a while. Then it was off to Chuck E. Cheese for an early dinner and lots of games. When we got back to the house Tim and my dad took off to pick up a bunkbed we got from Craigslist, Debra played online, and Ashley and I played outside with the offspring. Then it was time for kids to bathe and my dad (& fam) went back to their hotel after giving a bunch of goodnight hugs and kisses.
Sunday - I hit Walgreens in the morning for some bargains. Then it was church, lunch with my dad before they headed home, a quick stop at the Walgreens across the street from where we ate, then home for naps. I rarely nap. I've just always had a hard time falling asleep during the day. However, I napped for three hours today!! Then it was time to move and assemble bunkbeds. The boys' went to Naomi, which she's in for the first time tonight, and they got the new (to us) one we got last night. We all puttered around the house, eating random food for dinner and just hanging out. It was perfectly mellow. I picked up Granny and made one last run to Walgreens. Wondering why I was there so much today? Well, I earned $4.50 for taking three bottles of St. Ives body wash and two boxes of cookies out of the stores. Can't beat that! Then I loaded a bunch of pics on to Picasa.
Now I'm here. And I'm content. But I'm tired.
2 comments:
Haven't looked your pics for a while. Looked at your dads site and saw one of Naomi that was just too cute! Her big blond hair is amazing!
Happy late bday.
Glad you had a great birthday weekend
Post a Comment