I've often thought how handy it would be to record all the things I say on a regular basis. If I suddenly dropped dead, then my family could play the CD and feel like I was still there. Or even if I lived many more years, I could save a lot of talking time by just saying the number of a track, rather than the whole phrase. Anyway, I thought I'd share some of the things that would be on my soundtrack. For better or worse, here they are.
Who's my favorite _ year old?
Focus pocus.
Chop, chop.
Zip it.
"Because" is a word, it's not an answer.
Let's rock and roll.
Ready to roll?
Quick like a bunny.
Oh. My. Word.
Seriously!
Volume.
Did you flush?
Did you check the seat?
Did you wash your hands?
Take it down a notch.
Hit the sack, Jack.
Give me some little lovin'.
Give me some big lovin'.
What's in your mouth?
Spit it out.
Everybody buckled?
We don't do "I want" in our family.
Couches are for bottoms.
Go back and walk.
Ready Freddy?
I'm about to flip my lid.
I love you all the time.
Hey, Buster Brown.
Try that again.
Good job/nice stunt/etc, studly.
Want some Eskimos?
Water break.
Can everybody just chill for a minute?
Don't smile.
Scram-diddly-am
I'm sure I'll think of more as soon as I post this, but this is a lot of them. I think I'll ask my kids in the morning what they think I say a lot. Could be interesting.
Now it's your turn to tell me some of the things that would be on your soundtrack. Most of mine are directed to the kids, as that's who I'm around all day, but yours may not have anything to do with little people. So, let's hear what you say the most.
9 comments:
Are you kidding me?
You are killing me right now.
Come on, Buddy.
Give me a tight squeeze!
I love you more.
Chew your food! CHEW!
Where's that stinky binky?
Bethany, I can't wait to hear what your kids think you say the most. :)
Oh those are great - I say lots of those. And you "OH MY GOODNESS" reminds me of an ex-SIL. She was a straight laced kind of girl and we went to Georgetown MD with her. She just kept saying OH MY to all the "interesting" sites we were seeing. She'd never been out of small town USA.
Your list is cute! :) Good to write it out while you are still using those phrases.
My repeating list includes:
Go wash your face.
Unload the dishwasher please.
Have breakfast.
Every.day.I.say.it. *sigh*
Great post!
Things I say...
Clean your room
Wear sunscreen
Actually...
What's the best thing that happened today?
Why did we get a dog?
Those are the ones of the top of my head.
Bethany, my daughter walked by and said that I *had* to add these:
Buckle up
Drive safely
Call me when you get there.
Just wait - one of these days you'll be saying that too.
"Mama needs a time out. Go."
"Why do you always have to poop while I am in the shower?" (me to Samuel because he can never be alone in the bathroom)
"Enough!"
"Awa!" (get out/get off/get down)
"What was the best part of your day?"
"What was the worst part of your day?"
"Hadi!" (no no!)
"I don't want to hear bickering"
"Go to sleep!!"
"How was school?"
"Do your job"
"Ask Daddy"
"Wash your hands!"
"Wash your hands!"
"Wash your hands!"..........
Cute post Bethany! Your list cracks me up!
"Carson, where are you?"
"What are you doing?"
"Mama loves that little sound."
"Come on, bro or man."
"You're ok, calm down, Mama gots ya."
"Come here."
"Look at me." (For discipline)
"Oh my."
"Don't be sad."
"Be gentle."
"I know, right?"
"I love you just a little bit"
"Are you stinkin' kiddin' me Kozol?"
"What is wrong with you?"
"I don't know how else to say it!"
"Where is your body? You are really freaking me out!"
"Why you gotta waste my flavor?"
"Gypsy...?"
"No, not my goat!"
"Did something break?"
"Your mom called. She really freaked me out!"
"Charley, where are your pants?"
"I don't know! Just pay!"
"You are such a liar."
"You are my squishy."
Wow, does this sound bad all together like this to anyone else? Alot of these are lines from movies that we've adapted into our everyday lives-but they have meaning.
Post a Comment