Monday, June 1, 2009

I'M UP WAY TOO LATE

JUST A LITTLE COMMENT AFTER SEEING MY POST - Why, oh why, does Blogger sometimes refuse to accept the paragraph breaks I put in? Please excuse the giant, run-on paragraph at the end of this post. It's beyond my control.

It's about 12:30am on Monday morning and this is just about the only time, other than church, that I've sat down all day. I'm pooped, but I know I won't be able to fall asleep if I crawl into bed. So, I figured I'd do a little blogging. Haven't done much over the last week or so, huh?

I think we'll go for a little randomness this time.

Our weekend has been busy with two birthday parties, shopping for summer clothes for Naomi, Tim officiating a couple tournament games, church, grocery shopping, errands, getting doughnuts, etc.

Speaking of shopping for Naomi, I just have to vent for a minute. Can I just tell you how frustrating it is to shop for little girls? Starting with newborn sizes, girls shirts are tighter and shorter than boys, most of their shorts have no inseam while boys shorts go to the knees , and their pants are low rise. Seriously! Why in the world do we need make our infants, toddlers, and young girls look sexy? AAAAAGGGHHH!! It drives me nuts!! Naomi, who isn't even two, has some 3T and 4T shirts and skirts she's wearing right now. I can't imagine how they'd look on a three or four year old who should be wearing those sizes.

Ok, vent over.

Tonight I made dinner for tomorrow night. I'm delivering a couple dinners to a friend tomorrow morning and so I just busted it all (except for dessert, I'll do that in the morning) out tonight after the kids were asleep. That will make life easier tomorrow. I like it when life, or at least some little aspect of it, is easy. Especially when it's a day where I'm super tired from staying up ridiculously late the night before.

You know what? I never blogged about Box Day 2009. It happened a few weeks ago and was as fun as the previous three years. Here we are, all ready to check out the curriculum we'll be starting in July. Naomi was pretty excited to join in the fun this year!



Here's a random shot for you. Devon took this picture and asked me to put it on my blog. So, without further ado, here's Raby (or Rabie, I'm not really sure how he spells it), Blooper, and the Rite Aid dog all tucked into Devon's bed. Notice the lack of a pillowcase? Devon doesn't like them. We all have our quirks and that's one of his.

June is here. I can't believe it! Just looking at the calendar wears me out. It's such a busy month! Birthdays, anniversary, basketball tournaments, field trips, grade school events, baby showers, officiating camps, concerts, and finishing up our school year. Oh my!
.
You'll notice that there won't be a "BOOKS I FINISHED" post for this month. Want to know why? I didn't finish one. single. book. And last month I only completed one. I'm a slacker! Actually I tried really hard to get into two different books in May, but failed at both. I rarely give up on a book, but I was really needing a book that I didn't have to force myself to read. I eventually found one and I'm enjoying it right now. Of course, you'll have to wait a month to find out what it is.
.
Here's some big news. Ready? I made my first pizza crust tonight. Impressed? You should be!! Yeast scares me. However, I had bbq chicken pizza on the last two week menu and deliberately didn't buy a crust. I figured it was time to face my fear of yeast. So, the Sonlight folks shared their simplest crust recipes with me and I tried one tonight. I tweaked a couple things to accomodate the fact that I didn't have a pre-made crust, like the recipe calls for, and it turned out great! I think I'm just going to try all the crust recipes they gave me until we find the one we like the most. Doesn't this look deeeee-lish?!


Well, I'm sure there were other things I intended to talk about, but my brain is melting. I think I may try and hit the sack. Tomorrow is going to come much too quickly!!

6 comments:

perkyguy said...

When you can't get a space between paragraphs, try typing a period where you want the space. It will give you a space with a period, but only the truly discerning eyeball will ever see that little dot.

BETHANY said...

Dad - You're brilliant!

grammie of 5 said...

First off, yes your dad is brilliant he helped me step by step to take away all my gaps.
Next,I too have been lacking in my blogs, and reading so don't feel alone.
I love Devons picture. I totally agree with you on the girls clothing.Finally, Your pizza does look delish.

Luke Holzmann said...

Happy late Box Day!

And, if you're in the HTML mode, you can force a break with a <br> tag... or you can try adding another paragraph tag <p>... but, yes, sometimes Blogger is infuriating.

~Luke

Marion Acres said...

Your pizza loks amazing, I wish I could have a piece right now... mmm! Also, I'm going to blog about this later, but check out this link: http://brb.thomasnelson.com/join It's free to sign up as a review blogger, just fill out the form, agree to read a book and write a 200 word review about the book then post it to your blog, then you get a fun book in the mail to keep. I got the 100 Bible Stories, 100 Bible Songs book! You can do as many as you like, you just have to post your review before you do the next one. So maybe once summer is over and you are back into your reading, this would be a nice option! :)

Unknown said...

oh man, that pizza sure looks good! And I'm SO afraid of little girl clothes if we have a girl some day. Especially since I know my mom will buy lots of them which will naturally be inappropriate just because they're MADE that way! The other day, Matt and I were in target and we were sad for a couple of pre-teen girls, they looked so sweet except for the pair of cheeks peeking out the bottom of their shorts! *sigh*