Wednesday, June 17, 2009

SLOOOOOOOW DOWN. PLEASE.

That's what I want my life to do. Just slow down a little. Life has just been crazy lately - some fun stuff, some stressful stuff, and not enough sleep. Oy!

We were able to hang out with Kema and Jayden (that's the boy we watched for over 1 1/2 years) on Monday night. We hardly ever see them anymore, so it was fun to just hang out. The adults (Tim was gone, but Kema's sister was there) visited while the boys ran around like maniacs.

Yesterday I took the kids to the the Wagner's for the afternoon. I've been pretty fried on parenting lately, so the time there was good for all of us. The Wagner boys played with our boys and the Wagner girls kinda supervised. The break was nice for me and I know the boys enjoyed goofing off with a non-grumpy person. The husbands arrived after work and we spent the evening eating and visiting. It was a great time!

Today we're buying tickets for a Portland Beavers game. The ticket money was a birthday gift for the boys, Tim and I. We're all excited about the game, but the boys are ecstatic that we're going to take the MAX to get there.

Then, of course, we have swimming lessons starting again next week. That's a huge blessing! The boys finished their first class a couple weeks ago and wanted to take more. We told them we'd only budgeted for one class each, but that we'd do more some other time. Silas' response was "I'm going to pray about it". Well, they've been given two more classes each!! One just because and one as a birthday present. So, they'll be doing a lot of swimming this summer.

Plus there are grade school events, berry picking trips, doctor's appointments, photo shoots, officiating basketball tournaments, baby showers, meal deliveries, marshmallow gun war, a trip to my dad's, legal drama, softball games, and visits from friends who live out of town.

Our schedule is just crammed.

I know just the thing to relieve the stress. Coldstone. And I just happen to have a handy dandy coupon for some free ice cream.

1 comment:

perkyguy said...

Make sure to always have your camera with you during your crammed schedule.