Tim has been subbing full-time, which pays all of our other bills, and we now have some money from our tax refund to cover things like a week of lost income because of spring break and pay for food. I'm so grateful that we've never had to worry about whether or not we'd have enough to eat during this season of being unemployed or underemployed, but I certainly prefer supporting ourselves.
Summer, which isn't financially beneficial to non-salaried school employees, is right around the corner and I have no idea how that's going to look for us. There's the possibility we may need food stamps again in a few months, but we'll cross that bridge if and when we need to.
While we've never used the full amount of food stamps that we were given, we received far more than we'd ever had for groceries and I've become less diligent about getting the most bang for my buck. So today I will pull cash out of the bank, start a new "food" envelope, and get back in my super frugal groove. I'm so excited!
3 comments:
Your little family is very blessed to have such a mommy as you. You are very resourceful. I agree with you 100% that being frugal is exciting! We have put ourselves into an extremely tight spot to get out from under student loan debt. You may already do this or you may have a family that draws the line here, but we use powdered milk and it saves me so much. I think the biggest savings is being able to shop once since I am not going to the store for milk and then picking up those one or two other items that I don't have. I am excited to hear your money saving ideas and great deals. Have a Blessed Day!
YAY!! I remember being so pleased when we got off food stamps, too. Very satisfying.
So happy for you! You are my heroine!
Post a Comment