Thursday, April 24, 2014

4/24/14 THANKFUL THURSDAY

I locked my keys in the car for the first time yesterday. I'm thankful it happened when I was doing some shopping before picking up Devon, which meant I had wiggle room in my schedule. I'm thankful I didn't have any little Ws with me. I'm thankful that the taxi sitting in the parking lot didn't take debit cards, which saved me money in the long run. I'm thankful that a nearby business allowed me to use their phone.

I'm thankful that Silas was able to call a local friend to see if she could pick me up. I'm thankful the friend was willing to rescue me. I'm thankful the one client in the business overheard my phone call and offered to give me a ride, as she lives close to where I needed to go. I'm thankful to be old enough to have the discernment and reasoning skills to know when it's probably just fine to hop in a car with people you don't know at all. I'm thankful I was able to get through to Silas before my friend left and tell her I didn't need a ride after all.

I'm thankful that Tim was subbing locally, just a couple blocks from where the client lived. I'm thankful that for the opportunity to meet a couple whose house we've walked by countless times, as the people who gave me a ride live just around the corner. I'm thankful the secretary at the school I got a ride to was cheerful about helping me get Tim's keys when I explained what was going on. I'm thankful that I had time to drive our second car back to the first one to get my keys out of the ignition and get my groceries without being late to pick up Devon.

I'm thankful that Tim was willing to walk home. I'm thankful that I was actually able to pick him up in the second car so that we could go get the first car before dinner and Bible study. I'm thankful for lilacs and dogwood blossoms in our yard and recycled jars to arrange them for delivering to the business, school, and couple who helped me.

What is something that you're thankful for?

No comments: