* chicken tortellini with kale - This is a simple, tasty dish from Tiffany at Eat at Home. I cooked my own chicken for it, but she uses a rotisserie chicken to make it a super quick meal to pull together.
* Cuban black beans & coconut rice - Kama shared this recipe on Facebook and I decided to try it for the first time for a potluck. I thought it tasted good and I came home with an empty pot, which is always a good sign.
* kale frittata - Heidi posted this on Facebook recently and we had it a few nights ago, though I made it as a scramble. It's similar to our normal way of scrambling eggs, but I really liked the addition of minced onions and garlic powder.
And now for our regular menu. Devon doesn't have school on Friday, which I'm happy about, and so there are only four school day lunches this time around.
BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and energy mix as optional toppings
- with cottage cheese and fruit x2
- with yogurt, fruit, and spinach smoothies
* scrambled eggs (ours are always made with a ton of chopped spinach, sometimes some chopped tomatoes, a bit of pepper, and always a sprinkling of some type of cheese)/toast x2
* Alton Brown's granola
SCHOOL DAY LUNCHES
* meat & cheese sandwiches/red bell peppers/applesauce
* tuna sandwiches/cukes/apples
* crockpot beans & rice/tomato slices/olives
* wheat germ whole wheat buttermilk pancakes/home canned peaches (from a friend)/boiled eggs
DINNERS
* leftovers
* tacos (seasoned meat and crockpot beans from the freezer)
* broccoli chicken dijon (going to change this up by roasting the broccoli, then adding it to the cooked chicken)/rice
* new recipe (not bad, but not that great either)
* steak salad/whole wheat biscuits* spinach enchiladas/apple & cranberry green salad
* peanut butter noodles/roasted broccoli
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
* nuts - pistachios & dry roasted almonds
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department & a West Bend Stir Crazy to pop them in)
* crackers/green hummus (we never pulled the leftover hummus out of the freezer last time, so it's back on the menu)
* honey & spice cookies
(This post contains affiliate links.)
* honey & spice cookies
(This post contains affiliate links.)
No comments:
Post a Comment