********
God will never be handcuffed by your failures or unleashed by your successes.
~ Jon Acuff at Stuff Christians Like
********
The only true disability in life is a bad attitude.
~ Scott Hamilton on I am Second
********
I remember one international flight where I was stuck in a holding pattern, unable to land for literally hours. Mentally I was done with my trip but physically I couldn't change a thing about my surroundings. I knew for sure we would land, it was just a matter of when. As people around me became vocally irritable while the hours passed, I realized if all I did was focus on what was outside that window I would grow increasingly annoyed with my present situation. The holding patterns hold purpose. That purpose is to prepare, to pour out, to look around with fresh eyes and ask, "What can I do where I'm at?" Get those tray tables locked, seats in upright positions, push your baggage under the seat in front of you, tighten that seat belt and cock your ears and wait to hear the captain saying, "Folks, we've reached our final destination. Prepare to land."
~ Rory Cookman
********
If you see a manual worker, don't tell your kid, "That's why you go to college". It doesn't teach them to value education, only to devalue workers.
~ Upworthy
********
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference.
~ Mark Twain
********
No comments:
Post a Comment