flour tortillas - We were just about out of tortillas and didn't have enough for Taco Tuesday. Someone had taught me how to make tortillas over 15 years ago, but I lost that recipe. Rather than find some random recipe online, I asked Chris for the recipe she uses. These tortillas are a lot smaller than the ones we buy, but they taste good and I love the texture!
And now for our current menu. This is the last menu during our first month off of food stamps and it went well. I'll have to give you guys an update on how it went later, but I only spent $16 yesterday to make this menu work. Cool, huh? My goal was to get the least number of items possible from the grocery store, trying to use up things in the freezer and cupboards instead, and I think I succeeded.
BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts (we have these at church, though we usually have some dry roasted almonds, fruit, or cottage cheese at home or on the road first)
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, dried cranberries, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings/yogurt & fruit smoothies x5
* Rebecca's granola as cold cereal
SCHOOL DAY LUNCHES
* pbj&b on oatmeal pancakes/applesauce/cheddar
* crackers/green hummus (from the freezer)/apples
* meat & cheese sandwich/strawberries/apples/dry roasted almonds
* cherry oatmeal muffins/carrots/green hummus (from the freezer)
* crockpot beans & rice/tomatoes/olives
DINNERS
* leftovers
* tacos (seasoned meat and crockpot beans from the freezer)
* coconut chicken (crockpot)/rice/frozen green beans (we had a couple nights of schedule changes last week,so this got bumped out a week)
* pulled pork (crockpot)/coleslaw/rice* cream of celery soup/focaccia topped with cheese, roasted red bell pepper, and artichoke hearts
* tortellini with almonds, cranberries, and feta/zesty chicken (crockpot)
* creamy tomato & rice soup (crockpot, homemade pesto from the freezer)
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
* nuts - pistachios & dry roasted almonds
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department & a West Bend Stir Crazy to pop them in)
* ice cream
(This post contains affiliate links.)
(This post contains affiliate links.)
No comments:
Post a Comment