Saturday, April 5, 2014

I LOVE CLOTHING EXCHANGES

Several years ago Becky invited me to a clothing exchange that Randi and Hannah were putting on.  I'd never been to one and I'm no slave to fashion, but I thought I'd go check it out anyway.  So fun!  Between Randi, Hannah, and Becky hosting the events, I've gone to two exchanges each year (well, I think I've missed a couple) since Naomi was a toddler. One every spring, one every autumn.

I love the chance to get clothes and accessories for free.  I love seeing some of the items I brought go home with a happy new owner. I love that it's an organized, but still relaxed, process. I love knowing that all the garbage bags of unclaimed items left at the end get donated to worthy causes. I love that it's a fun event, whether I come home with three things or thirty things. I love hanging out with a bunch of women for a couple hours. I love that everyone, regardless of height, width, or personal style, finds things they like. I love that I can take things home that I'm not sure about, taking more risks than I would if I were paying for clothes, and just bring them to the next exchange if I don't end up liking them.

Here's what I brought home last night.  And, yes, I'm a wee bit predictable in what I'm drawn to. Solid blues, greens, browns, and blacks.


* scarf
* vest
* two tanks for layering
* two sleeveless shirts (They both have little touches of girly-ness, which is a stretch for this tomboy.  We'll see if I actually wear them.)
* one zippered sweater
* two jammy/exercise shirts (I don't like wearing clothes with words on them, but I always snag some for jammies or exercising)
* one short-sleeved shirt
* one long-sleeved shirt (Not sure if I like how it fits, but I'll just toss it in my next clothing exchange stash if decide it's not going to work.)
* three pairs of sweats (Huge blessing, as these fit perfectly! I didn't own any, but have wanted some as an alternative for jammy days and for going on walks.)
* two pairs of shorts

Sixteen items. Free. Two hours. Fun.

1 comment:

Kami said...

Awesome. I go to the Red, White and Blue thrift store for all my duds. I love it, but an exchange would be fun.