Thursday, April 3, 2014

MENU: 4/3/14 - 4/9/14

I've been doing one week menus for 6-7 weeks now.  I love the two week/half month menus that I've done for years, but the one week menus are working well for me in this particular season of life and I'm sticking with them for a while longer.

Here's one new recipe for you before we look at the current menu.

coconut chicken soup - This was posted on Frugal Living NW the same day that I was looking for a new recipe to use up some bok choy with, so I promptly added it to our menu.  It's good!

BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and energy mix as optional toppings 
     - with cottage cheese and fruit x1
     - with yogurt, fruit, and spinach smoothies x1
* scrambled eggs (ours are always made with a ton of chopped spinach, sometimes some chopped tomatoes, a bit of pepper, and always a sprinkling of some type of cheese)/toast x2

* kale frittata

SCHOOL DAY LUNCHES

* pumpkin pancakes with cream cheese/pea pods/dry roasted almonds/applesauce
* pbh&b sandwiches/carrots/peppered tomato slices/pistachios
* quesadillas/black bean dip/red bell peppers/pea pods
* Triscuits/cheddar/olives/cukes/mandarins 
* egg salad sandwiches/dried apricots/cukes

DINNERS

* leftovers
tacos (seasoned meat and crockpot beans from the freezer) 
* pulled pork (from the freezer) & coleslaw on buns/fruit salad

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
* nuts - pistachios & dry roasted almonds
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department & a West Bend Stir Crazy to pop them in)
* crackers/green hummus (leftovers from the last menu that we froze)

No comments: