Right now there are five job openings that appear to be great opportunities for Tim. Four administrative positions, one teaching. Four in schools he's subbed in most of this year. One charter school, one primary, one middle, and two high schools. Varied pay, varied hours, varied responsibilities. Each with different pros and cons. Three where interviews will be done and decisions made before the end of the month. Some in schools and districts where other employees have encouraged him to apply or made comments this year about how they'd love to have him on staff.
They are jobs that, though they're all a little (or a lot) different from each other, seem like Tim would do well in. These are jobs I'm emotionally invested in.
I really want him to get hired for a position that he'll do well in and will enjoy. I also really want each of these schools to hire someone who will do the job well and whose skills and personality will be a complementary addition to the rest of the staff. If those two desires don't mesh and he doesn't get hired for any of these five jobs, then I will be disappointed. That's just the truth. I'll have a big cry, then we'll move on and keep applying for other jobs. If, however, he does get hired for one of them, then I will be giddy. That's also the truth. The thought of returning to the world of full-time employment and entering the foreign territory of not spending all summer looking for jobs sound pretty wonderful.
Right this minute Tim is driving to the charter school for a visit. They want him to check out their campus and see how things run so that he can decide if it's a job he'd even be interested in. I'm thankful that they're giving him that opportunity early in the process. I'm thankful that a rare day of not having a sub job allowed him the freedom to visit there today. I'm thankful for friends who keep their ears open for job, passing info to us and dropping Tim's name at schools. I'm thankful that subbing this year has given him the opportunity to get to know the staff in several schools. I'm thankful that subbing has paid our bills this year.
I'm really hoping that I can say "I'm thankful Tim has a job" in the near future, regardless of where that job is.
4 comments:
I love the sound of this!
Hoping and praying with you!
Asking for wisdom and God's will.
xo
Fingers crossed!
Anne Marie
Post a Comment