Do you have any? If not, then I highly recommend that you get some!!
Don't know what they are? They're friends that you met and developed a relationship with online.
I have a lot of e-maginary friends from the Sonlight forums, though over the last three years I've met many of them in real life. We've had meetups, they sent baby gifts to Naomi, some threw me a surprise baby shower, I spent a weekend in Huntington Beach with several of them, I've used tons of their recipes, prayed for each other, sent gifts back and forth, laughed about stuff, and on and on and on. When I first bought curriculum from Sonlight I had no idea I'd gain so many friends in the process!!
Anyway, one of them was going to be visiting from Idaho this week. So a meetup was planned for tonight. I was totally excited to go and have some girl time. Then, due to circumstances beyond my control, I had to cancel. I can't tell you how bummed I was. I've been grumpy, royally grumpy, about it all week. I was ready for some girl time anyway, plus I was way overdue for some time with these girls specifically.
So, I was at home tonight. Tim's gone. Silas was at a grade school event. The other kids were sleeping. It was about 10:00. There was a knock at the door (actually, there was someone doing a dance outside my front window) and all five of the meetup crew were at my house!! And they all came in jammies, knowing that's how I'd be dressed. And they brought candy.
We spent 2 1/2 hours laughing and talking and laughing and eating and laughing. Did I mention that we laughed? I love these girls!! I'm so blessed that they went out of their way to include me in their post-dinner portion of the evening, knowing how bummed I was to have to cancel my involvement in the meetup.
So ... Robin, Denise, Cheri, Toni and Heidi ... THANKS!! You truly made my day.
And now it's 1:00 in the morning. So, I'm going to bed.
13 comments:
Oh what a treat! I'm so glad they brought the party to you. Dear friends indeed!!
Bethany! How very great of them to show up at your door. Oh I am jealous of the PNW meetups!
I agree. SL has enriched so many parts of my life. It's not just a hs curriculum! I love my emaginary friends.
What a wonderful treat! Hanging out chatting and laughing with emaginary friends sounds great to me.
Nothin' but love you for you my friend!
Cheri
That is so cool! I love all of you gals and am very jealous you got to hang out!
What a blessing!!!! Love that they did that for you :)
I totally know Heidi! What a small world! What sweet friends you have. :)
Meghan - Your name actually came up last night. I was telling her there's someone at church (you) that looks like her (Heidi's) sister. Then I realized she probably knew who you were. And she did. :)
How awesome - you sure needed that!!
You are such a fun place to crash. I had a blast last night.:)
What fun. I miss you all.
That is so sweet! I need one of those!
My candy bar came while I was away. It was so nice to come home from that long week and have good chocolate! Thank you!
That is so cool! Those are really good friends, even if they started out as only emaginary [smile].
~Luke
Post a Comment