Thursday, April 23, 2009

4/23/09 THANKFUL THURSDAY

I'm thankful that I do these posts each week because sometimes I just don't feel very thankful. It forces me to shift my attitude, if only for a brief amount of time. Like today. I usually just stick with one thing I'm thankful for, but today I'll list some extras.

* I don't have to leave the house today for the first time in at least a week
* digital cameras, instant messaging, and e-mail that allow me to have easy contact with my sister, who lives across the ocean
* that I have my kitchen sink back after two days of not being able to use it
* that Susan was willing to bring Silas home last Friday so that I didn't have to wake up the other two kids to go get him
* older women who are like extra moms and grandmas to encourage, challenge, and pray for me
* that I've been able to cross off several things on my "to do" list this week
* a week off of school
* Benadryl
* that my grandma gave me her sewing machine (I simply asked to borrow it) and taught me how to use it so I could make some baby blankets
* that we rent a house in a great location
* my girlfriends

What's something that you're thankful for?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

-sunshine
-fun friends
-amazing neighbors who are also great friends
-my fabulous husband

Cheri

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

A little boy who eats raw veggies! :)

Knowing the Lord has our future all figured out, even when we don't.

An almost-done-being-painted house...it's lookin' so good now!

Jessica Rae said...

I'm thankful for whatever you did to Charley yesterday! She came home and slept for 3 and a half hours!! Was it the Benadryl?

lundbergfamily said...

concealer...