We've go this week off of school and the last couple days have been beautiful!! I generally have some things I plan on accomplishing during our weeks off, but I scrapped my "to do" list yesterday. The kids and I spent the morning at the zoo. The last time we went it was 28 degrees outside, so going when temps were in the 60-70s was nice! Everyone went down for naps when we got home and I spent that time working on a puzzle. Then it was dinner (Rice cooker mac & cheese - one of my favorites!) and a meeting for Tim and I to attend. I didn't get a single thing done, but it was a fun day.
Today was much more productive! We picked up Granny and took her with us to Target and the library, I made a baby blanket, chatted on the phone with a friend from high school, purged a bunch of magazines, worked on our next curriculum order, folded laundry and walked to the fabric store.
The one thing I didn't do today? Dishes. Our sink is backing up and the pipes are leaking under below. So, we're piling up dishes and looking forward to seeing the plumber tomorrow. That little drama landed us some Papa Murphy's tonight though, as we didn't want to add more dishes to the pile we currently have. That's a definite silver lining!!
Now I'm in jammies, comfy in bed, and I'm going to read for a bit before konking out. Perfect way to end the day.
And as much as I've loved a couple days of summer weather, I'm looking forward to the upcoming rain. I love spring and the fact that the weather doesn't stay the same for more then a couple days. Maybe I'll get some baking done later this week!!
1 comment:
Your April 21st sounded a lot better than mine.
Post a Comment