Monday, November 3, 2008

JUST FOR THE RECORD

I'd like to publicly declare that I am enjoying my kids. Three months ago I was really struggling with feeling like a failure as a mom. I was overwhelmed, discouraged, and not really enjoying my kids.

Today things are so much better. Obviously there are moments I'm fried on motherhood, but most of the time I'm happy with how things are. I've spent more time praying for them, hanging out with them, and smiling when I speak to them. I've made a conscious effort to not complain about them, whether in serious frustration or lightheartedly. I've also spent more time reading my Bible and praying, reprioritizing the way I spend my time (housework, school, computer, etc) and taking time to relax by myself.

I don't want to be one of those women who only talks about motherhood in a negative light, so I just wanted to make sure I told you all how much fun I'm having as a mom to the little Ws these days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good to hear :o) enjoy all you can!