Thursday, November 6, 2008

11/5/08 THANKFUL THURSDAY

We are dealing with a very frustrating situation with our house right now and my attitude stinks. I'm justified in my frustration, but I don't want to turn into a grump. So, I'm starting something new. Each Thursday I'm going to name one thing I'm thankful for and ask you to do the same. I allow anonymous comments, so you can leave a comment even if you aren't registered.

I'm thankful that Tim and I get to go on a free date tonight.

What is one thing that you are thankful for?

17 comments:

Mary Lou said...

This is a great idea Bethany! Sorry you have to deal with the frustration (whatever it is).

I am thankful for the job that Arthur has. Several people at his level are losing their job at his work. It is only by the grace of God that he is not.

Unknown said...

I'm thankful Rowen is eating every three hours at night lately instead of every two! :o) ahhhhh

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful I had a quilting day yesterday. :)

rjb said...

I am thankful that my husband will be home from Arkansas in just two more days!

Leslie said...

I'm thankful that I've learned that when I whisper to my children all day, they respond in kind...and we have a much quieter household!

Eliz said...

I am thankful for the beautiful, warm and cozy house we have...especially on days like today when its cold and blustery outside!

Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for the things God is already putting on Parker's heart to say to me. Today he accidently bumped me as we were getting him into his car seat and he said "I forgive you Mama." He meant to ask for forgiveness, but trust me.....he melted my heart anyway! I'm thankful for the massive love God has shown me in my little blessings!

The Ackerman Family said...

Annonymous..........is there more than one Parker at Athey Creek? I'm totally a dork and Thankful I still have friends!!!!!!! :)

Monica said...

I am thankful that we have had at least 5 glorious days of Indian Summer here in northern Indiana. The colors have been absolutely GORGEOUS, and the temp's have been in the 70's. Unfortunately, the clouds have started rolling in and predicted to bring the cold with them. At any rate, I'm so glad I took the time to "stop and smell the roses"...er...leaves this week. I am so amazed by God's creative design of this earth and that He allows me to enjoy it.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that after layoffs, I still have a job today.

Anonymous said...

Colossians 3:17 And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

The Moffits said...

I'm thankful for my husband. No matter how heavy his workload gets, he never complains or gets grumpy.

And I'm also thankful for the people who keep 'rescuing' my nephews this year!

perkyguy said...

I am thankful that I am now home from work and sitting on a recliner with my feet up.

Anonymous said...

I am thankful that even though we wrecked two cars last week so have it all figured out and are A-ok.

The Boehme (pronounced Bay-me) family said...

I'm thankful that the Lord gives us hope amidst the dark days we now live in...and hopeful that He will move in the hearts of those I love, who don't yet know Him.

Jessica Rae said...

It's technically Friday, but I'm thankful anyway.
I am thankful that Devlyn is taking Monday off to watch the kids so I can take a two day road trip and help move my best friend up to Seattle! Yeah for precious girl time!

BETHANY said...

I'm thankful for all the people who commented here. :)