Friday, November 28, 2008

GOODBYE THANKSGIVING, HELLO CHRISTMAS

I recently mentioned our sneaky snowman on my "T" post. Figured now that Thanksgiving is over I should tell you about him. Here's the scoop on his magical abilities. Every night the kids say "Sneaky Snowman so cold and white, please go hide while I sleep tonight". As long as they do that, then he hides while we're all asleep. We have no idea how he gets around the house, as he has no feet. And adults find it impossible to find him during the day. He can only be found by children. Once he's been found, then the kids can play with him until bedtime. If they don't say their goodnight to him at the end of the day, then he can't hide. That's happened a couple times and the boys found him the next morning in the same spot they'd left him the day before. The magic is in the words they say to him.

Here's some non-magical info that may interest you. He's only about 5 inches tall, too big to get lost, too small to be in the way. We discover him when we unpack our Christmas decorations and he stays around until the decorations are taken down. We can only assume that he lives in the Christmas boxes during the rest of the year. We've seen snowmen that seem to be related to him at Dollar Tree. And that, my friends, is your introduction to the Sneaky Snowman.

And I'll wrap this up by sending you to see my Dad share a little Christmas spirit with you. He has a reputation for taking songs and tweaking them for the sake of amusing us. I wanted to embed the video into this post, but I'm not smart enough to figure out how to do that. Evidently using the "embed" option at the video doesn't work. Go figure. If anyone feels like telling me how to do it, then you'd be my best friend for the day. Meanwhile, just click on the link to see the video.

1 comment:

rjb said...

Bethany, I love your dad. He seems like he is a lot of fun. You are so blessed!