SUNBURST LEMON BARS
The Pillsbury Cookbook
The Pillsbury Cookbook
CRUST
2 c. all purpose flour
½ c. powdered sugar
1 c. margarine or butter, softened
FILLING
4 eggs, slightly beaten
2 c. sugar
¼ c. flour
1 t. baking powder
¼ c. lemon juice
GLAZE
1 c. powdered sugar
2-3 T. lemon juice
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, combine crust ingredients at low speed until crumbly. Press mixture evenly in bottom of ungreased 9x13 pan. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until light golden brown.
In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients, except lemon juice; blend well. Stir in lemon juice. Pour over warm crust. Return to oven and bake 25-30 minutes or until top is light golden brown. Cool completely.
In small bowl, combine powdered sugar and enough lemon juice for desired consistency; blend until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bars.
4 comments:
This sounds delicious! Do you need to use fresh squeezed lemon juice or is the stuff from the lemon shaped bottle just as good? How many lemons does it take if fresh is the way to go? I'm excited to try this out!
Thanks,
Catherine W.
I use bottled juice in the big, generic bottle from WinCo. :)
I found a conversion chart online that says 1/4 cup lemon juice is equal to the juice of one large lemon. Obviously that's a ballpark, but it helps.
I love lemon bars and so does Arthur. I will have to try these soon as I am feeling better.
I made your lemon bars today, excited for Mark to come home and give them a try. He looked at me blankly and said, "what are lemon bars?" oi, I have so much to teach him. They are so yummy
Post a Comment