This is a cornbread recipe that my grandmother gave me and it's so yummy!! This is the original recipe. I also have it posted on allrecipes, where it has five stars and over 400 reviews. Have I mentioned that it's stinkin' good cornbread? If you do things gluten-free at your house, then this is a site where someone tweaked the recipe for you.
Happy eating!!
CORNBREAD
Lucille Schneider, my grandmother
Lucille Schneider, my grandmother
1/4 lb. butter
2/3 c. sugar
2 eggs
1/4 t. baking soda
1 c. buttermilk
1 c. cornmeal
1 c. unsifted flour
1/4 t. salt
Melt butter in large pan. Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Add eggs and beat until well blended. Combine buttermilk with baking soda and stir into mixture in pan. Add cornmeal, flour and salt. Stir until well blended. Pour into greased 8-inch square pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
Notes: Sometimes this takes longer than 30 minutes for me, though that tends to be when I use whole wheat flour instead of regular.. So, allow a little cushion of time when you cook it with whole wheat flour. It freezes well. Just wrap it in foil, then thaw and warm (in the foil) before serving. I have this recipe online where it’s gotten rave reviews. Check out the link for tips!
1 comment:
mm.... I love cornbread. And allrecipies.com! We'll have to try this one out soon! I never stray from the marie calander's mix. Isn't that awful??
Post a Comment