Last weekend someone asked me for the rice cooker mac and cheese recipe I use. I got the recipe from the Sonlight forums and don't recall where it originated from, but I wanted to make sure no one thought I was brilliant enough to come up with it myself. Just trying to give credit where credit is due. Or at least avoid having credit go where it isn't deserved.
Anyway, here is the recipe for an easy, peasy and super yummy meal. We have a big rice cooker, all love the recipe, and are fans of leftovers. So, we always double the recipe. This recipe is NOT doubled.
RICE COOKER MAC & CHEESE
2 c. noodles
1 c. stock or water
1 c. heavy cream
1 ½ c. grated, mixed cheese
2 T. butter
½ t. salt
½ t. pepper
pinch cayenne
Place pasta and all liquids in rice cooker and start cooking. When the cooker switches to “warm” add the remaining ingredients and stir.
Notes: I never add the butter and use regular cream because it’s cheaper.. It turns out fine either way. We’ve used various combos of cheddar, mozzarella, jack, and swiss. Next in the lineup is pepperjack.
Anyway, here is the recipe for an easy, peasy and super yummy meal. We have a big rice cooker, all love the recipe, and are fans of leftovers. So, we always double the recipe. This recipe is NOT doubled.
RICE COOKER MAC & CHEESE
2 c. noodles
1 c. stock or water
1 c. heavy cream
1 ½ c. grated, mixed cheese
2 T. butter
½ t. salt
½ t. pepper
pinch cayenne
Place pasta and all liquids in rice cooker and start cooking. When the cooker switches to “warm” add the remaining ingredients and stir.
Notes: I never add the butter and use regular cream because it’s cheaper.. It turns out fine either way. We’ve used various combos of cheddar, mozzarella, jack, and swiss. Next in the lineup is pepperjack.
1 comment:
Hm... gonna have to try this one! I like my mom's mac & cheese recipe, but it takes too much work so I never bother. Thanks for posting!
Post a Comment