Wednesday, March 18, 2015

SPRING CUT

Naomi has been asking for something for a while. It's something that Silas and Devon have also asked for in the past. We've made all three of them wait a while before we fulfilled this particular desire, just to make sure it's what they really wanted.

See how unhappy she looked before she got what she asked for? (Ok, so maybe she just looks like a goofy kid who can make her eyes wander. Whatever.)


See how happy she looks now that she has what she wants? And how pretty?


Even shorter than last year's snip. And even cuter, in my opinion.

She recently had her first haircut from Britt, who cuts my hair. It was a long-awaited cut and she loved it. She especially loved the part where Britt granted her request to completely remove the very bottom of her hair ... and she's been asking me to finish the job off ever since. "Then I'd look like my brothers." We talked about the absurdity of getting rid of all your hair right after paying to get a cut, but she wanted to do it so badly that she actually offered to reimburse me for the cost of the haircut. I told her she didn't have to, that I'd extend some grace this time, but I still made her wait a couple of weeks.

See how she looks like her older brothers?


I love how our kids just do whatever strikes their fancy when it comes to their hair and don't give a rip whether it's what other people do or not. It's created a lot of opportunities for me to have clippers in my hand, that's for sure!

No comments: