I've been planning on having our family clean up a particular stretch of road that we run on a lot because there's always a ton of trash there, but I keep forgetting to schedule a time to do it. It turns out that today is our town's community clean up day, so we decided to join the crowd and do that instead. Tim had an opportunity to hang out with a guy he's been friends with since high school who no longer lives in the area, so he took Teebs and went off to spend time with his friend while the bigs and I headed to City Hall. We got there at 8:00 this morning, sat through a brief orientation, claimed the zones we wanted to clean, then headed out. Rain was in the forecast for the entire clean up time, but we never got more than a little drizzle and a few gusts of wind. Four Ws, two hours, two miles, and several bags of trash later we headed back to City Hall to turn in our gear and grab a cookie. Hopefully we can do this each year!

No comments:
Post a Comment