This year we added savory pies to the mix, so I made a turkey pot pie with double-ish veggies for dinner and Colonial carrot pie (the little Ws love and requested it) and Nantucket cranberry pie (one of my favorites because of cranberry almond combo) for dessert. Other people brought cheeseburger pie and rotisserie chicken (gluten-free option) for dinner and lemon meringue pie and chocolate chip cookies (not a pie, but still round and delicious, so we'll take it) for dessert.
Over the course of the night we had a total of five adults and fourteen kids, people from our homeschool group and church, friends and acquaintances. I love the mix! This picture got taken before one family arrived and isn't particularly flattering of anyone, but it's proof that we had people over and that all the kids scarfed food together.
It was a full day between the community clean up in the morning and a potluck in the evening, but I always enjoy opening our home to anyone who wants to show up and seeing what combination of people we end up eating, playing, talking, and laughing with.


No comments:
Post a Comment