Thursday, March 5, 2015

MENU: 3/5/15 - 3/11/15

We didn't try any new recipes last week, so I'll just jump right into what's coming up.

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I'll make up a bunch of taco seasoning, some for the cupboard and some for the month's worth of taco meat that I'll cook and freeze.
* I'll make peanut butter and crockpot beans, just like I do once or twice every week.

BREAKFASTS
* toasted coconut and pineapple granola over yogurt
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5

DINNERS
* chicken & roasted veggie soup/no-knead bread
* lentils & rice
* do-it-all chicken (raw in marinade from the freezer, crockpot)/rice/frozen green beans
* death by garlic/roasted asparagus
* rosemary & white bean sandwiches (dip/spread from the freezer)/raw bell peppers
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers 

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* dump cake 
* snickerdoodles (taking to a function)
Crunchy Flax cereal (We scored a case of 12 for $4.99 at a local discount store, so we've been using it as a snack.)
produce 
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post)

(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: