Wednesday, September 25, 2013

USING PAGES TO MARK TIME

Our pastor teaches verse by verse, chapter by chapter, book by book through the Bible. The church started in John 1:1 in 1996, went through Revelation, flipped to the front of their Bibles to start in Genesis, and are ending Revelation for the second time tonight. I was reading my Bible this morning and thinking about how so many people describe how long they've been at Athey by what book the church was in at the time, not what year they started coming, and thought I'd take a picture to show how long we've been attending.


That's Ecclesiastes 10 through Revelation 22. What I didn't think about until about ten seconds ago was that today it's been exactly eight years since we started going to our church. It's not a perfect church, as no church is, but we value the teaching style, enjoy serving, and love the people. We're thankful to be a part of our church family.

Looking forward to Genesis and beyond!

1 comment:

Renee said...

That is really cool!