First things first. I love this new salad recipe we tried!
* salad with pears and cranberry vinaigrette - This is delicious!
I'm adding a new category to my menus, starting right now. Lunches. With a couple kids going off to school each day, we've had to start packing lunches five nights a week. I've never made a lunch menu, as we usually just eat have leftovers or sandwiches. but leftovers don't work so well for kids who can't reheat anything at school. Weekend lunches will still be whatever strikes our fancy, but weekday lunches will now be planned in advance.
BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts x2
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and energy mix as optional toppings
- with cottage cheese and fruit x2
- with yogurt and fruit smoothies x5
* scrambled eggs (ours are always made with a ton of chopped spinach, usually some chopped tomatoes, and always a sprinkling of some type of cheese)/toast x4
* almond coconut granola/smoothies
* buttermilk cinnamon bread/smoothies
LUNCHES
* tuna sandwiches/red, orange, & yellow bell pepper slices/rosemary white bean dip (from the freezer)
* plum bread (from the freezer)/yogurt/fruit
* oatmeal pancakes (from the freezer) with peanut butter & jelly/pear applesauce
* meat & cheese sandwiches/cuke & tomato slices
* banana bread with peanut butter & jelly/carrots/pea pods/hummus
* yogurt/nutty fruity granola/canned mandarins & pineapple
* homemade trail mix/carrots/pea pods
* meat & cheese sandwiches/carrots/red, orange, & yellow bell pepper slices
* salami/cheese/crackers/cantaloupe
* crackers/rosemary white bean dip/dried apricots/apples
* tomato chicken pasta salad/red and yellow bell pepper slices/pea pods
DINNERS
* leftovers x2
* tacos x2
* sesame honey chicken ( crockpot/ from the freezer)/rice
* upside-down pizza (base from the freezer)/peas & corn
* cheesy green beans/rice
* lemon garlic tilapia/rice/salad with pears and cranberry vinaigrette
* teriyaki chicken salad (chicken from the freezer)/sesame noodles
* hearty chicken vegetable soup (crockpot, from the freezer)/buttermilk biscuits with chives and black pepper
* cauliflower bake/beans (crockpot, from the freezer)
* pulled pork (crockpot)/coleslaw/rice
* tomato, feta, and barley salad over spinach
* creamed eggs & toast/sausage/oranges
* carrot soup/no-knead bread
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
* nuts - pistachios & roasted almonds
* popcorn
* hummus for veggies
* M&M blondies
* ice cream
4 comments:
Good lunch ideas, do you also include sides like chips and dessert? I have the hardest time coming up with a variety of lunches! One idea you might like is homemade pizza lunchables: I cut pita bread with a biscuit cutter into little circles and then send sauce, cheese, and pepperoni and they love it!!
Abby - I don't include desserts in lunches. The kids don't always finish their lunch at school and I don't want dessert to come before regular food. So, desserts get reserved for after school or after dinner. :)
The pizza idea is a good one! Thanks.
Forgot to add that I did chips once with a lunch that included lots of taco-ish dips (homemade guac, homemade black bean dip, sour cream, homemade salsa). That's the only time I've used them, but I'm sure they'll get thrown in the mix again. :)
The taco dip one is a great idea, sometimes I put pb in a little Rubbermaid with carrots, pretzels, apples etc to dip. Thanks, my kids eat so much at lunch, I make them bring home leftovers so I know how much to pack so I find myself throwing in lots of chips or pudding or whatever, so was just curious.
Post a Comment