Wednesday, November 10, 2010

MAGDALYN & MEGAN - TWO SWEET GIRLS

Magdalyn - So many of you, my amazing blog readers, supported Bob & Cheri as they adopted their daughter earlier this year. It was awesome to have you, most of whom will never meet their family, donate to their fundraising auction, bid during the auction, and periodically ask me how the adoption was going. Magdalyn has now been home longer than she was without a family and is doing really well! In celebration of Orphan Sunday, which I didn't know existed, they created a video of their trip to "bring love home". Cheri has given me permission to link it here and I hope you all take seven minutes of your day to watch Magdalyn meet her parents. The password is "Agene".

Megan - Down's syndrome and heart problems. That's a lot for my friend Eliz's five year old daughter to live with. Throw in a cancer diagnosis in the spring and life gets even harder, but that's Megan's reality. Needless to say, it's also a lot for her family to deal with, which is why a group of people have banded together to put on a lobster roll fundraiser.

The rolls are $10 and stuffed with $6.00 worth of meat. Patrick, the man who has answered some of my questions about the fundraiser, said their goal is to sell 1,000 rolls and give the family $4,000. That money would be incredibly helpful for paying medical bills, keeping food on the table, and making sure there's enough gas in the tank to make it to all the medical appointments and hospital stays that are now a routine part of their life. Even the lobster provider is helping out by giving them fresh meat for the cost of frozen. Awesome!

Here's what Patrick had to say - "I just want it to be a significant amount of money so they can spend time with their daughter and not have to worry about the logistics of future fundraisers or where their groceries are coming from. And I want to see people come together and help just one time, people who never have before, who have never donated a cent, or an hour, for them just to care this one time, where it is a little girl...... with cancer ..... and heart trouble...... and down syndrome ..... and a struggling family. "

The deliveries will take place on 12/4/10 in three different Maine locations. Yep, you read correctly. These guys live on the wrong ... I mean, opposite ... side of the country. So, here's what I'm asking from all of you.

Spread. the. word! If you live in Maine, then please buy a roll or two or ten, then pass the info along to your local friends, family, and co-workers. If you know people in Maine, then please let them know about this project and ask them to tell others about it.

I would love to see more than 1,000 lobster rolls sold to make life a little less stressful for Megan's family! Buy for your self. Buy for your family. Buy as a gift. If you can't buy, then spread the word!!

I'll leave you with a little peek at Megan hanging out with her family. She's a doll!
.


4 comments:

Kristal said...

Oh I am so sorry for Megan. I'm not on the boards anymore, but I remember her. I will be praying.

And now I'm going to look at Bob and Cheri's little one.

Kristal said...

Where can we see the video?

BETHANY said...

Kristal - You're fast! I forgot to add the link, but got it up within a couple minutes of posting. :) Go click the green "watch her" hyperlink and use the password I gave.

Kristal said...

What a great video. Thanks for sharing it.