Sunday, November 7, 2010

NAOMI'S AGENDA FOR YESTERDAY

Cut hair - I chopped about half of Naomi's hair off way back in January. That's the only haircut she's had. It was fine and curls are forgiving, but it was much harder for me to cut her long hair than it is to do the boys' short hair. She has desperately needed a trim, so I took her to Northwest College yesterday.

She pretty much stole the show. So cute! I think we could have auctioned off the opportunity to do her cut, but I had scheduled it with the woman who had done my last cut. Now Naomi's hair is even and the ratty spots are gone. Totally worth the five bucks I paid to have Elizabeth do it. In fact, next time I may have the two of us get cuts together and use their "two for one" deal.





.

Puke guts out - I was wrapping up a "stretch your dollar" class last night, the kids were in bed, and Tim was hanging out in our bedroom when I heard someone cry. It was just a brief cry and I couldn't figure out which room it came from, but finally realized it was Naomi. Tim and I got there about the same time and she announced, through tears, "I puked". Well, that was an understatement. It was her first time puking, but she did it like a pro. Yikes!

She's kinda blah today, which makes sense when you consider she basically missed a meal yesterday, and showing no other symptoms, but we kept her home from church anyway. We think it was just food that didn't settle right, rather than sickness, but we're erring on the side of caution. In the past, if one of us had to stay home with a sick kid, then we just missed church. Now we live close enough and the services are spaced far enough apart, that Tim was able to take the boys and I'll be able to hit the next service when they get home. I'd u-stream it, but that doesn't really work well when you've got a chatty kid in the house.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

I love her hair!

I'm sorry she was sick :(

perkyguy said...

She definitely stole the show!

Kristal said...

Her hair looks adorable!

Jess Connell said...

She is too cute. Cracks me up that she knows and uses the word puke.