My dad e-mailed me some links to my uncle playing music on youtube. I watched them, found some more, then figured I'd share them all with you.
The man's amazing. Seriously. He's so talented musically and can build anything he wants. One of our favorite childhood gifts was a puppet stage with "Perkins (my maiden name) Puppets" painted in a banner across the top. We loved that thing!
So, if you're ever in Hilo, HI you may catch his band, Hilo Crybabies, playing somewhere. Meanwhile you can see him in action in the following videos. I've included the song title and which instrument he's playing, but you can also spot him by his checkered shirt.
June Apple - banjo
Swallowtail - banjo
Jambalaya - fiddle (the last ten seconds are the best - watch his fingers)
Downtown Blues - guitar
Walking the Dog - slide guitar
3 comments:
What talent! I liked the Jambalaya fiddling best.
...and the family history of incredibly awesome musical talent on the Perkins side of the family ends right there.
I will have to show these to Mr. J!
Post a Comment