Friday, April 21, 2017

WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?!

Do you know what's shocking?


And amusing?


Some of you did as soon as you looked at the pictures. But in case you're one who doesn't have a clue, I'll tell you.

I wore shirts with patterns, even though I always wear solid shirts.

I wore a shirt with 3/4 length sleeves, even though I only like short or long sleeve shirts.

I wore a purple shirt, even though I never, never, never wear purple.

And I wore both shirts in public. Multiple times. Two days in a row.

(Sidenote: The purple shirt is a couple inches longer and way less pleated than it looks. I think my bag just pulled it all wonky.)

The shirts were freebies from the spring clothing exchange, so I won't feel guilty if I don't end up keeping them, but I'm making a point to stretch myself in various ways. I decided to bring these two shirts home. And I wore them both within the first week of acquiring them. And I lived to tell about it.

I ditched structure for a day and sketched a painting. I led a group craft. Then I busted out of the clothing routine I'm quite happy with. All in a ten day period. I must be having a mid-life crisis.

No comments: