A couple weeks ago a friend asked for my mailing address. Two days later I came home from church to find a package at my doorstep. I assumed it was from her, but had absolutely no idea what it was.
Opening it up confirmed that she's just as generous as always and still pays attention to details. Inside the box was a 2-pack of silicone baking mats. She'd read my most recent recipe where I mentioned that I don't use parchment paper or silicone mats and spraying cookie sheets works just fine. Then she sent me silicone mats because, in her words, cookie lovers need them.
Not only that, but she knows I don't like to have stuff for the sake of having stuff, prefer things with multiple uses over single use items, and expect everything to earn the space it takes up in our home. So she told me to give them to someone else if I didn't love them enough to keep them.
It took ten days, but I finally got to use them for tonight's dessert. This picture was taken in lousy lighting, but you can see one being put to use.
I'd still be perfectly content spraying cookie sheets, and may still do it sometimes because I can get more cookies on the sheet that way and cleanup isn't hard, but these are super handy! I love that I didn't have to scrub the cookie sheets between batches, since there's still some cookie remnants left behind when I spray the cookie sheets.
Today we used them for a new recipe, coconut oatmeal cookies, pictured above. I love the silicone sheets and the new cookies!


No comments:
Post a Comment