Thursday, July 10, 2014

MENU: 7/10/14 - 7/16/14

I had a couple dessert and snack recipes that I wanted to try last week, but it was just too hot to spend time baking. We did try a couple new things, though.

* pasta with sun-dried tomato turkey & veggies - Someone gave us sun-dried tomato seasoned turkey, so I threw together some warm pasta, sauteed veggies, and turkey for dinner one night. It turned out pretty good!

* roasted mushrooms with garlic, thyme, and balsamic vinegar - I don't think I've met a roasted veggie I don't like (and, yes, I realize mushrooms aren't actually vegetables ... but whatever) and these were a yummy addition to our collection of roasting recipes.

* Maria Lo Pinto's pizza dough - This is a recipe my mom had written out, but I don't know if Maria was someone she knew personally or not. Whoever she was, she made a good pizza dough, our second homemade crust recipe. We used it for pesto chicken pizza last week.

I've been trying to eat from the cupboards and freezer as much as possible the last few weeks in an attempt to use up our stockpile and spend less at the store, so here's what we'll be starting and ending our days with for the next week. 

BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts (we have these at church, though we always have some dry roasted almondsfruit, and/or cottage cheese at home or on the road first)
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings/yogurt, fruit, & spinach smoothies x3
* egg, potato (I bake an oven rack's worth once a week and pop them in the fridge for breakfasts), & spinach scramble x2
easy cranberry granola as cold cereal or over yogurt

DINNERS
* leftovers
tacos (seasoned meat and crockpot beans from the freezer) 
tuna lettuce wraps (in the form of a salad)
* tortellini salad with pecans, cranberries, and feta
* chicken salad sandwiches/carrots
* Cuban black beans & coconut rice/cuke & tomato slices

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce & hummus
* nuts - pistachios & dry roasted almonds
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department & a West Bend Stir Crazy to pop them in)
* vanilla ice cream with caramel sauce


(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: