Sunday, August 9, 2009

RANDOM PICS FROM LAST WEEK

Granny hanging out at Naomi's party.


Ashley and Naomi having fun together.



Some flowers Beep sent that grew this year from seeds that dropped last year.



Naomi's second birthday cake.


In college I discovered gummy grapefruit slices. They were sold at a little store in Florence that my roomie's sister worked at. A couple years later I found them in a store in Ashland. Last week I found them in the bulk section of WinCo. Oh happy day!


Tim having a lot of fun with the insect killer my dad gave him for his birthday. Few things bring such a big smile to Tim's face, but electrocuting insects certainly does the job.

Boys Camp 2009 - Tim, Braden, Silas (I have no idea why he's closing his eyes), Noah, Austin, Michael, Devon


Silas' new smile. Two teeth lost in a week - one swallowed with a meal (second time that's happened) and one lost at church (which earned him extra tickets for the prize booth).


My dad came up for Naomi's birthday party. Here he and Naomi are hanging out before the little lady hits the sack.



Devon blowing out his flaming marshmallow.


We usually eat extra green beans during the summer, but this year I blanched and froze some. We'll see how they turn out. In case you've never seen these purple beans, then try them out. They turn green when you cook them.



6 comments:

The Moffits said...

Great pics. I was so happy to see the boys wearing helmets while they roasted marshmallows...you can never be too safe!!Man, I should get my kids some marshmallow roasting helmets, I'm such a bad mom.

Anonymous said...

Purple beans... never saw those before!

And the picture of your Dad and Naomi is wonderful!

Pam Carter said...

Naomi's birthday cake is so cute! Where do you get all those cake ideas??!!
I have to agree with Beep about the marshmallow roasting helmets. Do you think that's why I have NEVER won the Mother of the Year award!

perkyguy said...

That was one fun party!

The Moffits said...

Oops, we accidentally left a comment for YOU on Dad's blog. It's just so trendy now a days to do blog posts about Naomi's birthday party, we forgot whose blog we were on!

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun!

We grew the purple beans for a few years and then for a couple of years they were always stringy so we switched back to green beans. ??? Your beans look so yummy!!

JP has one of those bug rackets. Nasty smell if you get too many in the house. Blech!! But so much fun!

Happy Birth Days all round! :)