Clothes - There are a couple clothing swaps coming up in September and October, both hosted by girls from church. It's a great way to bless others with stuff you don't wear anymore, while getting some new duds for yourself without spending any money. Whether you go to one that's already planned or decide to host one yourself, I'd recommend being involved in one.
Ocean Campout - Last year our family hit the Oregon Coast Aquarium in Newport when we were at the church's ocean campout. In fact, several other people ended up tagging along with us. Good times! If you're going on the camping trip this year and are interested in going to the aquarium, then scroll to the bottom of this page for a "buy one adult admission, get a kid admission for free" coupon. I'm going to confess that someone gave us a couple of these last year and we sent one of our boys in with another family, as the coupon is limited to one per party. Not so proud of that deceitful little maneuver. So, if you print this one out, then have more integrity than we did last year.
Portland Area Bargains - I stumbled on a really cool site several months ago called Half Price Thursday. They sell gift cards to various places (services, restaurants, entertainment, etc) in the Portland area for less than the value of the gift card. Half the price, actually. Hence the name. Cool, huh? Anyway, you can check out the site for info on all the locations they have cards for and any limitations the cards have.
Random - Ok, I just have to tell you about the two random penny pinching experiences I had this week. The first was on Friday. We had a family trip to the zoo and discovered it was Tillamook day. Well, I was off looking at a goat or something while the male Ws all spun the prize wheel. Tim returned to me with a paper in his hand. It was a coupon good for a free 1 lb. block of Tillamook cheese! Cheese coupons at the zoo? Who'd have thunk it?! Then I stopped by Coldstone on Saturday to pick up a birthday gift card for someone. As I walked up to the counter I saw a stack of Huggies coupons and sample size packages of wipes. The sign said to take one of each, so I did. How weird is it to get Huggies stuff at Coldstone?!
No comments:
Post a Comment