My nephew, Hunter, came to visit us by himself four years ago and with my dad two years ago. He came again with my dad earlier this week for some cousin time, which was great. We got back from our camping trip on Sunday and they arrived 24 hours later. We spent the evening relaxing at home with pizza, ice cream, popsicles, and Secondhand Lions. Tyler, who always wants to sit as close to Papa as possible, ditched him in favor of Hunter for most of this visit. Thankfully, Dad was mature enough to handle the rejection.
The plan for Tuesday was to visit Get Air Salem, but Silas suggested we leave early and spend some time at Bush's Pasture Park first. We love it there, so we took his suggestion. The kids half-heartedly complied with a request for a group picture before we let them loose to play.
We thought we'd sacrificed a soccer ball to the park when Devon, who had been kicking it up in the air, somehow managed to get it caught on a high branch. Miraculously, he was able to knock it back down just minutes before we had to leave. Crisis averted.
I made everyone take a selfie with me.
I noticed Hunter sneaked a bark chip into our picture at the last second ...
... but didn't notice until the day after he left that the next picture we took was blurry. The only blurry picture was with the person I see the least, of course. Life goes on.
Naomi asked me to get a video of her on a swing, so I did.
Hunter and Tyler were inseparable most of the visit, including our walk back to the car as we left the park.
Off we went to Get Air for two hours (plus an extra 15 minutes, which was cool). Devon played dodgeball about 95% of the time, while Silas, Hunter, Naomi, and Tyler jumped and jumped and jumped. I got a few videos, three by request from Silas and Naomi and a sneaky one of Hunter who learned to do a back flip while we were there.
Dad also got some videos and made a fun compilation of them.
I got one group shot of the kids just before our time was up, then we headed home.
Tim joined the rest of us after work that evening for dinner, games, puzzles, and chatting. Three of the kids played Speak Out for a while, which was pretty funny to watch.
With about five minutes of daylight left, I suddenly remembered we hadn't taken a group picture with everyone in it. Most of us weren't particularly in the mood for posing at that point, but we all survived the experience and now have evidence that we spent time together.
The night ended with two kids playing Rat Slap, a game I'm pretty sure Hunter will be a master of by the next time we see him.
I'm glad Dad put the time and effort into making the trip happen and that Hunter was able to get away for a few days. It was a fun visit!

















No comments:
Post a Comment