Wednesday, August 23, 2017

8/23/17 - WORTH REPEATING

********

However, if I were to nail down suffering's main purpose, I'd say it's the textbook that teaches me who I really am, because I'm not the paragon of virtue I'd like to think I am. Suffering keeps knocking me off my pedestal of pride.

~ Joni Eareckson Tada in Reflections on the 50th Anniversary of My Diving Accident at The Gospel Coalition

********

If Miss Frizzle was a real person, I'd want to go to public school just so I could be in her class.

~ Naomi on 8/21/17

********

Oh, restless heart, do not grow weary / Hold on to faith and wait / The God of love, He will not tarry / He is never late / So I wait in the promise / I wait in hope / Yes, I wait in the power / Of God's unending love

~ I Wait from Poets & Saints by All Sons & Daughters

****************

Y'all, the word budget is not a bad word. It's not an inappropriate word. It's not even a negative word. For real. It's a POSITIVE word.

~ Crystal Paine in We Need to Have an Honest Conversation About Budgeting at Money Saving Mom

********

You are the God who always sees us, even in bare and desperate seasons / No matter what the circumstances, you are the rock on which I stand / You are bigger than all my fears, God of love, God my love / You are bigger than all my dreams, God my hope, God my peace / What will come my way, through each day I will say / God, I trust you, I trust you

Bigger Than, single by For All Seasons

********

No comments: