In an attempt to beat afternoon traffic, we decided to leave early and kill time on the coast before check-in time at the campground. We ended up going to Lewis and Clark National Park, checking out Fort Clatsop, hiking one of the park's shorter trails, visiting the museum, and watching an educational movie. We only had a couple hours and would love to ride their Fort to Sea Trail someday, but a quick visit was still a better way to spend our time than sitting in a traffic jam. Here are the little Ws striking an obligatory tourist picture by the bronze statue, "Arrival".
Tyler looked at this reproduction of "Corps of Discovery" and said, "I see his cell phone!". Ha! I confess the compass does look a bit like a flip phone, but I still laughed. Quietly. Behind his back. After explaining what it was.
A lady snapped a picture of all 6 Ws in front of the fort.
There were some moments I described as "tense in the tents", but overall we enjoyed our time. The church does a great job of both scheduling optional activities to keep people busy and leaving plenty of free time for people to spend as they wish, which means all the Ws kept busy the whole time we were there. Team races and volleyball tournaments, meals at individual sites and as a large group, a glow stick parade and Simon Says, worship and Bible study (which just happened to sync up with things I've been learning about lately, including humility and refuges), bike rides and meeting new people, resting and laughing, a photo scavenger hunt and movie night ... just a lot of fun.
Devon's scavenger hunt team won second place and this video was part of their highlight reel. It cracks me up. Want abundant curls? You're in luck! No longer do you need multiple generations of people with curly hair on both sides of your family in order to guaranteed tremendous hair growth and texture for yourself.
Silas' team won first place and I'm hoping to get the highlight reel clip he was part of.
Video credit: Jonah Brasseur, who was willing to upload it to YouTube so that I could easily share it.



No comments:
Post a Comment