Last night (actually, tonight, as I'm writing this late on Friday and post-dating it for Saturday because I don't like to have two posts in one day) Tim and I went on a hundred dollar date.
Silas babysits, but, for various reasons, the little Ws wanted someone to come hang out with them while Tim and I were going to be gone. Five hours of childcare for four kids = $50.
Tim and I went to a concert. Capital Kings opened, All Sons & Daughters followed, and David Crowder was the headliner. The little Ws were most jealous that we got to see Capital Kings, but I loved the other two bands. We ran into friends, spotted a gazillion people from church in the crowd, and enjoyed some great music. Three hour concert for two people = $50.
Here we are before the concert started.
And here we are again, realizing that we needed a picture with evidence that we were actually at a concert, even though I like the first picture better.
That was our $100 date.
Except we didn't spend a dime.
A couple who had tickets for the concert ended up with a scheduling conflict and offered us their tickets. Free concert, thanks to the couple's generosity.
I asked on Facebook for a volunteer to hang out with the little Ws for all or part of the evening, as we don't have wiggle room to pay for a sitter right now. Free childcare, thanks to the thoughtfulness of a high school student who spent her evening hanging out with our kids.
I'm so thankful for those who made our outing possible, for the chance to do something sans kids (second time in two weeks!), for music that I love, and lyrics of worship sung by thousands of voices.


2 comments:
It makes me happy that you got to do this! I love how God blesses us, not just with meeting our needs, but also with gifts to make our hearts smile.
So happy you were able to go on a great date with your man!
Post a Comment