Thursday, November 13, 2014

MENU: 11/13/14 - 11/19/14

I ended up making a few things that weren't on the menu last week - black bean dip with carrot and red bell pepper sticks (a last minute decision that replaced the black bean couscous salad I'd planned on taking to a family potluck), chocolate chip peanut butter bars (a spontaneous potluck contribution), and oatmeal pancakes (we had some leftover oats, so I decided to make pancakes one morning).  We also processed the eighty pounds of chicken I'd mentioned in the last menu. Here's the post with pictures and marinade recipes about that, in case you missed it.

Here is the one new recipe we tried last week.

* bonbon coco - This is a coconut candy that Devon made as part of a presentation for our homeschool group.

ADVANCED COOKING (These aren't always planned, so they'll often be things I did the previous week.)
* I had a bin of strawberries and juice frozen in a solid chunk, so I thawed it, then refroze it in ziploc bags and ice cube trays for convenience.
* I'll make a crockpot of navy beans to freeze for future recipes.

BREAKFASTS
* Tam's granola (crockpot)
* doughnuts at church
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, homemade peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fresh or frozen fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings x5

DINNERS
* pizza for the three bigs at an event & steak/rice/frozen green beans for the rest of us
* pumpkin soup with lentils/toast
* zesty chicken (crockpot) green salad
lentils & rice
* rice, kale (in the freezer from a summer harvest), & eggs 
* tacos - seasoned meat, crockpot beans from the freezer, and some other toppings served in a tortilla, bowl, as a salad over a pile of greens, or with mound of rice
* leftovers

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* new recipe (skipped last week because we ended up with a bunch of unexpected desserts from a day with Tim's family)
* potato wedges
produce 
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department that get popped in my Lodge Dutch oven, but you can see my thoughts on both the wonderful Dutch oven and the fantastic West Bend Stir Crazy in this post)



(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: