Thursday, June 19, 2014

MENU: 6/19/14 - 6/25/14

We tried one new salad recipe, a watermelon and feta one, that was a flop, but I also made my own Bisquick and it worked perfectly.

homemade Bisquick - Devon asks for sausage balls for his birthday almost every year and I always buy just enough Bisquick from Winco's bulk department to make them, as I never use it for anything else. I couldn't get there this year, though, so I found a recipe and made my own. No more buying it from the store!

BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts (we have these at church, though we always have some dry roasted almondsfruit, and/or cottage cheese at home or on the road first)
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, peanut butter, maple almond butter, raisins, dried cranberries, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and/or energy mix as optional toppings/yogurt, fruit, & spinach smoothies x3
* egg, potato (I bake an oven rack's worth once a week and pop them in the fridge for breakfasts), & spinach scramble x2
* maple cluster granola

DINNERS
* leftovers
tacos (seasoned meat and crockpot beans from the freezer) 
cheesy green beans/rice (this got skipped last time for an unexpected meal out with family)
* lemon garlic tilapia/rice/balsamic roasted brussels sprouts/salad with pears & cranberry vinaigrette
* Cajun sausage & beans/rice
creamy pasta with broccoli and ham/fruit salad
* ham & eggs on English muffins/kiwi smoothies

SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce & hummus
* nuts - pistachios & dry roasted almonds
* popcorn (kernels from the Winco bulk department & a West Bend Stir Crazy to pop them in)
* new recipe (didn't get to try it because the website was down)
* candy for a party
* M&M blondies for a party



(This post contains affiliate links.)

No comments: