The end result? Six bags of plain chicken to use for whatever strikes our fancy on future menus, two bags of teriyaki chicken (we use Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki), two bags of garlic chicken with more garlic, and two bags of sesame honey chicken. All mixtures ready to dump in the crockpot and all plain meat ready to be sliced, diced, or whatever needs to be done to it. All now in the freezer.
I'm the Queen "B" -- Wife of His Majes "T" -- Mom of four royally awesome kids: three princes and a princess.
Saturday, October 12, 2013
LOVE IN THE FORM OF RAW POULTRY
Someone sent me a message earlier this week saying they had ordered some Zaycon chicken for us, so I met them at the delivery site early this morning to pick it up. All forty pounds of it. I split the breasts, trimmed the fat, and was about to bag it up when I mentioned to some friends that I should have planned ahead to freeze it with some marinades or something. And that was when I decided to spend a little extra time in the kitchen.
You know what else? The chicken fairy also gave me a box each of quart and gallon ziploc bags to freeze the chicken in, a bag of pumpkin pie almonds for the family to snack on, and two hugs, one just because and another when the emotions of the last few days caught up to me and I started crying in the parking lot. Feeling pretty blessed!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wow! Huge blessing to have that much meat!
Post a Comment