Farewell - Our favorite librarian is retiring and invited us to a reception in her honor. We're excited for her as she starts a new season of life, but we're going to miss her a lot!
Marshmallow Gun War - It suddenly occurred to me a couple weeks ago that we didn't have a single marshmallow gun war this summer. I think that's the first time that's happened in five years. Oops.
Facial hair - Devon is sporting a mustache. He seems a little young, but I guess it's time to buy him a razor.
People magazine & Brookings connections - We were at the orthodontist's office for a quick visit several weeks ago and I picked up a People magazine. I noticed there was an article about Bethany Hamilton getting married and, having read her book and watched the movie about her, I flipped pages to see the pictures. It mentioned the name of the boutique where she had her dress made and the name was familiar. I came home, hopped online, and discovered it's owned by the sister of a guy I graduated from high school with and whose parents went to the same church as our family. I don't know her at all, but it was still a small world moment.
Books - Silas and Devon are each hooked on a book series. Silas is reading Pseudonymous Bosch and Devon's reading Harry Potter. This is the view I often have of them.
October - I think October may be my favorite month. The days are warm. The nights are cool. The sun shines more often than not. The grass is green. The leaves are brilliant shades of red, orange, and yellow.
Getting older - Teebs has aged about 60 years. Or he got in the flour bin when no one was looking. No, that couldn't be it. He wouldn't do something he's been told repeatedly not to do, so it must be that he suddenly got a lot older.
Bowling - Devon's school recently had a family fun night at the bowling alley. Tim was at work, but the little Ws and I went out for a couple hours of free entertainment. Devon beat the sibs, I beat Devon, we ended up sharing a lane with people from our church that I'd never met, and we were all given a red vine by someone who bought a bunch. Fun time!
Rosemary - The parking lot where we pick Devon from school has some edible landscaping and he rubs his hands on a rosemary plant every day as he gets into the car. It makes the car smell so good!
Yummy snack - The chicken fairy included this little treat in their gift to us a few weeks ago. Oh my! They are delicious!







2 comments:
I love running my fingers through the rosemary. :)
LOL on Teebs in the flour! And the mustache - priceless!
Post a Comment