I mentioned on my last menu that I was considering whether or not to continue posting menus and the feedback I got from multiple places was that people want me to keep posting them. So, that's what I'll do!
I didn't try a single new recipe in the first half of October, but I'm making up for it during the second half with five new ones. I'll share the hits with you when I post the next menu.
Okey dokey, here goes.
BREAKFASTS
* doughnuts x2
* oatmeal with brown sugar, cinnamon, milk, raisins, fruit, huh-koe-pee milk, and energy mix as optional toppings
- with cottage cheese and fruit x3
- with yogurt and fruit smoothies x4
* scrambled eggs (ours are always made with a ton of chopped spinach, usually some chopped tomatoes, and always a sprinkling of some type of cheese)/toast x5
* breakfast pizza/fruit smoothies
* Barbara's pancakes/scrambled eggs/oranges
WEEKDAY LUNCHES
* meat & cheese sandwiches x2
-tomato wedges/pea pods
-carrots/cuke rounds
* peanut butter sandwiches x2
- with jelly on oatmeal pancakes (from the freezer)/cuke slices/apples
- with banana and honey bread/carrots/pea pods * deviled eggs/oranges/crackers
* tuna sandwiches/pea pods/carrots
* pizza bagel/cheddar squares/pea pods
* onion bagel with cream cheese/string cheese/red bell peppers/pea pods (Silas' choice)
* hot dogs/multi-grain chips/apples (Devon's choice)
* oat & almond bars/mandarins/cheddar squares/pea pods
* black bean dip (from the freezer)/sour cream/salsa/tortilla chips/carrots/pea pods
* homemade trail mix/cheddar squares/apples
DINNERS
* leftovers x2
* tacos (meat and crockpot beans from the freezer) x2
* new recipe (it was a flop)/cornbread (double & freeze one)
* chipotle chicken (crockpot)/rice/bell pepper slices
* new recipe (it was a flop)/lemon garlic cukes
* mostaccioli with sausage and tomatoes/simple roasted broccoli
* easy mulligatawny/toast
* veggie pizza/cantaloupe smoothies
* spinach lentil soup/toast
* garlic chicken with more garlic (crockpot, from the freezer)/rice/garlic roasted cauliflower
* quinoa and black beans for home group
* black bean dip, roasted red pepper & feta dip, carrots, pea pods, crackers, chips, and quinoa salad with apples & almonds for a potluck with friends
* pizza at a church event
* Harvest Festival food
SNACKS & DESSERTS
* produce
* hummus for veggies
* homemade trail mix
* nuts - pistachios & roasted almonds
* popcorn
* ice cream
* pumpkin chocolate chip cookies for a potluck with friends
* cinnamon swirl bread from Franz
* white chocolate cherry almond cookies (we never did these last time because we had unexpected pumpkin spice bread from Franz instead)
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing menus!
My kids love the Huh-koe-pee milk.
Post a Comment