* Tim got an A and B in his two classes for the term that just ended. Super proud of him!
* We tried Legion Park last week and loved it enough to spend an entire evening, including a picnic dinner, there two days after our first visit. It's the first place I've found since living here that makes me forget I live in the middle of flat farmland. Lots of tall trees, a big field, not many people. We love it! They're adding a playground later this month, which will totally change the feel of the place, but we'll keep going.
* We gave sulfate-free hair products a try, as they're supposed to be way better for curly hair. Other than being significantly more expensive, we didn't notice any difference. Back to Dove conditioner for us!
* I love playing Tetris (actually, it's Tetrix on our Kindle). I was addicted for a month, then quit cold turkey for a month, and now am playing periodically. It's one of my favorite ways to relax.
* We're enjoying the local homeschooling group we connected with a couple months ago. It's been fun to meet some new people, get out of the house, go on hikes, and have the kids do science experiments.
* Salad made with spinach and/or lettuce, quartered strawberries, diced pears, sliced almonds, and crumbled feta is amazing.
* My way has been paid to spend three nights in Lincoln City later this month. With four other ladies. And nothing to do but relax, walk on the beach, and play Bananagrams.
* Naomi popped her head in the back door the other day, said "I love you. And I love Dad." Then she went back out to play.
* We now have an ending date for Tim's program. I think I'm going to make myself a paper chain to count down the days.
* Irony = The people who are the most outspoken about wanting freedom of educational choices are often the ones who are the most critical of all options other than the one they've chosen and condescending toward people who have chosen differently than they have.
* I wish there was a still a Cold Stone here. And I wish they delivered. But there isn't. And they don't. So I'm taking two little Ws to one in another town and using a gift card to pay for some ice cream this afternoon.
* Silas and Devon built an awesome fort in an old dog run that's in our backyard. We all ate dinner in it one night last week.
* I got my first sunburn of the year yesterday.
* Granny moved away over two years ago. Sometimes it was hard being the only local person in her life, primarily because I'm in the thick of raising and homeschooling the little Ws, but I've never gone this long without seeing her. I'd love to pick her up to run errands with us and stop at TCBY on the way home.
* Tyler is a climber.
* The idea that someone could get a job because of their skin color bothers me just as much as someone not getting a job because of their skin color.
* I'm thankful for everyone who works with the grade schoolers at our church - the staff members who plan everything and teach classes, the volunteers who help during the services, and all the people who help pull off the monthly events that our kids are always looking forward to.
1 comment:
We made a paper chain when Aaron started school last fall. It's nice to see it get shorter!
Post a Comment