Capyboppy
, written and illustrated by Bill Peet
The Voyages of Doctor Dolittle,
written and illustrated by Hugh Lofting
Newbery, 1923. This was the second book I've read in my quest to read all the Newbery Award winners. I've read or listened to The Story of Doctor Dolittle three times for school and have enjoyed it each time. This book isn't short, but it's an easy read and I love Doctor Dolittle, so I enjoyed it.
They Were Strong and Good
, written and illustrated by Robert Lawson
Caldecott, 1941. The author gives brief descriptions of his paternal grandparents, maternal grandparents, and his own parents, sharing about where they came from and how they met. It's a personal glimpse into earlier times of American history.
Caldecott, 1941. The author gives brief descriptions of his paternal grandparents, maternal grandparents, and his own parents, sharing about where they came from and how they met. It's a personal glimpse into earlier times of American history.
No comments:
Post a Comment