I just worked in the yard for two hours.
Let me repeat that.
I just worked in the yard for two hours.
Irresponsible? Absolutely. I'm about 39 weeks pregnant and my lower back hurts so badly right now. Oh my! I'm in bed and will probably stay here most of the day.
Satisfied? Absolutely. I haven't had a yard to work in for about 18 months and I've missed it so much! I clipped, raked, and filled the yard debris bin. Of course, I really want to mow (don't have a lawnmower yet) and start filling a compost pile (making one has been at the bottom of our priority list lately), but just spending a chunk of time in the yard today, despite the fact that I'm working at about half-speed, was wonderful. Totally wonderful!
3 comments:
And, you never know, maybe all the hard work will convince the baby to come soon!! If not, a warm bath and some Tylenol may be in your future! It must be nice to be in a house again. Congrats!
Awesome!!
I raked leaves for 1/2 hour today. I was so sad that I was going to miss the leaf clean up while we were gone. We pulled into the driveway Sunday and I was so excited that there were leaves all in the front yard LOL. And it's sunny and 58 today!
And now I'm resting and then we're getting together with Rick and Linda. They're coming over to look at pictures, and then we're going to dinner and dancing. We've not been able to get together with them since summer when Doug's schedule changed.
Anyway....rest rest rest and I hope your back feels OK soon.
I did almost that exact same thing when I was about as far along as you. Though technically I was still on modified bedrest - but I just couldn't take it any longer. So I raked some leaves and trimmed some bushes in our new yard (we had been there two months and I hadn't been able to touch anything yet cause of the bedrest!) and I loved EVERY second of it - even when it started to rain :) David wasn't AS thrilled about me going against doctor's order - but he was happy that my mind felt so much better. Glad you got to be outdoors and doing what you love to do!
Post a Comment