Tuesday, November 1, 2011

MENU - FIRST HALF OF NOVEMBER 2011

We got a freezer last week and I'm so excited to have that extra storage space again! I made a triple batch of leftover oatmeal pancakes today and will be making black bean chili later this week, all for the freezer. So thankful for that gift!!

Anyway, here's what we'll be eating for the next couple weeks.

BREAKFASTS
oatmeal with brown sugar, milk, raisins, and energy mix as optional toppings x9
smoothies x2
cherry oatmeal muffins (double & freeze half)
banana bread (from the freezer)
plum bread (trying it with frozen plums that I'll thaw, we'll see how it goes)
nutty fruity granola
apple buttermilk bran muffins (making all four dozen & freezing three dozen)

DINNERS
leftovers x2
tacos x2
salmon chowder (Tim's catch)/refrigerated biscuits (this meal got skipped last time because of a harvest festival)
chicken noodle soup/toast
broccoli pesto (from the freezer) on French bread/salad
chicken tortilla soup (crockpot, double & freeze half)/cornbread (double & freeze half)
creamy rice with broccoli & ham (switching from pasta and seeing if we like it)
baked potatoes/fried ham/peas & corn
Mexican casserole (freeze half)/salad
upside down pizza (double the base & freeze half)/peas & corn
salad with Jen's chicken (crockpot, will freeze the unused portion of the chicken)/garlic bread
six layer casserole/peas & corn
Italian sausage with rice/salad
quinoa salad with apples & almonds/chicken nuggets (freezing half)

SNACKS & DESSERTS
pumpkin chocolate chip cookies
snickerdoodles
oat & almond bars

4 comments:

Mary Lou said...

can I just copy all the hardwork that you have done and use this menu for us? LOL!

BETHANY said...

Mary Lou - Permission granted. :)

Kristal said...

I made a double batch of pumpkin pancakes this morning, but I baked them in a mini muffin pan to make dippers! The kids loved them and I have a bag full in the freezer!

Off to check out some of those recipes.

BETHANY said...

Kristal - What do you dip them in?