Pizza Hut - First stop was Pizza Hut for some dinner. We used a gift card from our boys, pigged out on a supreme pizza, used a coupon to get a free pizza that we'll eat for lunch tomorrow, and played a game of Phase 10. Tim won.
Fred Meyer - Used a gift card to buy dirt cheap sheets that I could make curtains out of.
Target - I've been looking for curtains for months, but hate paying full price and can't ever find the right size in the colors we need. Tim, who is the balance to my (sometimes extreme) frugality, pointed out that seven months of looking means it's fine for me to just buy the ones I like. We paid for them with gift cards and will return the dirt cheap sheets from Freddy's.
Safari Sam's - We planned on going there to play miniature golf, but we were feeling old and tired. Sitting down sounded better than walking around.
Shari's - We crossed the parking lot from Safari Sam's and headed into Shari's. Coffee & milk for Tim, cider for me, water for both of us, coupons for two free cinnamon rolls, and another game of Phase 10. I won.
I'm beyond stuffed and very happy to have elastic-waisted jammy pants on. Now we're sprawled on the couch, I'm blogging, and we're both watching a movie. Nice ending to the day!
6 comments:
Sounds like my kinda date - cheap! Rock on! :)
Sounds like a great evening! What is Phase 10?
Too bad all the good seats were already taken by the time you got to Pizza Hut
I love that a cheap date makes you happy, dressing up for dates makes me happy-even if I'm overdressed for where we are going. ;)
I have been known to buy shower curtains from Ikea and cheap duvet covers that I can split open and make curtains out of. So we're not THAT different. ;)
Shelley - It's a card game.
Jess - We're practically twins. :)
What a great date night.
Post a Comment