Monday, June 28, 2010

RANDOM PICS FROM THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS

Naomi and Devon were goofing off together one day, when Naomi's right eye connected with the back of Devon's head, creating her first shiner. Only one small bruised area remains more than two weeks later, but her eye went through various shades of purple, blue, green, and yellow. She loved telling people she had a shiner!




I was cleaning out some boxes of random stuff from my past. Most of it was newspaper clippings, writing assignments I'd saved, and a bunch of pictures. There was one bag, however, that had a few things from my infancy and early childhood. Included in that bag was a box of Q-tips that my parents were given at the hospital when I was born. It's a 34 year old box of Q-tips that are still sealed in plastic, "packaged for purity"! I told someone earlier that I don't think "vintage" has the same appeal with cotton swabs as it does with things such as furniture and clothing.



I read Twenty and Ten to the boys for the second time over the last school year. It's historical fiction, a story of twenty French kids at a boarding school who hide ten Jewish kids during WWII. Great book! Silas and I also read The Little Riders, another piece of historical fiction about a young girl living in Holland when it was occupied by the Germans in WWII. Needless to say, Silas had Nazis on his mind, so I wasn't surprised when he showed me this creation, made with a base so you can make it stand, at the end of his down time one day.




3 comments:

Kelly said...

No progression of shiner pictures?

How funny you'd find a vintage box of qtips. What are you going to do with them?

Anonymous said...

Love the shiner shot! And the q-tips - that is cool!

BETHANY said...

Kelly - I was going to toss them, but haven't yet. Seems weird to use such old ones, there's no point in saving them, and they aren't really collectors items. :)